I have been out for 3 weeks in Bellevue, Redmond and Seattle and since I came back I spent all my time with family and with loads of work, which means no much time for blogging stuff.
As a start I would like to talk about some useful tools for those who deal frequently with Virtualization environments. I am certain that some of you have been on a situation where you wanted to use a VMWare Virtual Hard disk on Microsoft Virtual Server of Microsoft Virtual PC and you were unable to do it.
There are a few free tools that you can download to help you out with Virtual Hard Disk format conversion.
TOOL TO CONVERT VMWARE VIRTUAL HARD DISK TO MICROSOFT VIRTUAL HARD DISKS (VHD):
WinImage is a shareware tool that allows you to convert VMware virtual hard disks (VMDKs) to Virtual PC / Virtual Server virtual hard disks (VHDs).
· Create a disk image from a removable drive (like USB drive), CD-ROM, floppy;
· Extract file(s) from a disk image;
· Create empty disk images;
· Inject files and directories into an existing disk image;
· Change a disk image format;
· Defragment a disk image;
· A powerful "Batch assistant" mode that lets you automate many operations;
· And many more!
WinImage is shareware. You may evaluate it for a trial period of 30 days. After 30 days, if you wish to continue using WinImage, you need to register. Click here to download WinImage.
Download the WinImage tool from the Link below:
TOOL TO CONVERT MICROSOFT VIRTUAL HARD DISKS (VHD) TO VMWARE VIRTUAL HARD DISK:
Use the intuitive wizard-driven interface of VMware Converter to convert your physical machines to virtual machines. VMware Converter quickly converts Microsoft Windows based physical machines and third party image formats to VMware virtual machines. It also converts virtual machines between VMware platforms. Automate and simplify physical to virtual machine conversions as well as conversions between virtual machine formats with VMware Converter.
VMware Converter can be run on a wide variety of hardware and supports most commonly used versions of the Microsoft Windows operating systems. With this robust, enterprise class migration tool you can:
· Quickly and reliably convert local and remote physical machines into virtual machines without any disruption or downtime;
· Complete multiple conversions simultaneously with a centralized management console and an intuitive conversion wizard;
· Convert other virtual machine formats such as Microsoft Virtual PC and Microsoft Virtual Server or backup images of physical machines such as Symantec -Backup Exec LiveState Recovery or Ghost 9 to VMware virtual machines;
· Restore VMware Consolidated Backup (VCB) images of virtual machines to running virtual machines;
· Clone and backup physical machines to virtual machines as part of your disaster recovery plan;
Download the VMWare Converter tool from the Link below: http://www.vmware.com/download/converter/
R-Tape Loading Error,